Thank you for your interest in adopting a pet from Ahimsa Rescue Foundation. Meetings with animals are by appointment only.
Our goal is to unite pets and people to form loving and lasting families. We take into consideration both the family’s lifestyle and the individual personalities of our animals.
To schedule an appointment, please complete our online adoption application.
BEFORE SUBMITTING, PLEASE READ AND AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW:
- Once an application is submitted, we will proceed with checking your vet references. Please provide a phone number for your vet listed on your application. If you have had a pet before, we are looking for a consistent vet history, indicating that you have had at a minimum annual vet visits for required shots and that all of your pets have been spayed or neutered. We are unable to adopt to families with pets that are not neutered/spayed, unless there is a medical reason that is explained to us by your veterinarian. If this is your first time adopting a pet, and you do not have vet references, we certainly take that in to consideration during the adoption process.
- If an application is complete and fits within our requirements, you will hear back from us within 72 hours. Please keep in mind that any false, incomplete or withheld information will cause us to void your application.
- During your adoption appointment you will be meeting with a trained adoption counselor who is familiar with the pet(s) that you have applied for.
- We sometimes have multiple applications on a particular animal. Applications are not on a first come first serve basis; rather, we strive to find the most suitable and appropriate home for each animal.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- If you are visiting Ahimsa Rescue Foundation’s property, you assume all risk of activities during your visit, to include interacting with animals.
Visits are by appointment only. Ahimsa Rescue provides collars, leashes and ID’s for the newly adopted pets. Ahimsa Rescue Foundation is concerned for the welfare of our pets and will check with you occasionally to see how things are going. We are available to help you at any time with the pet should an issue arise. It is Ahimsa’s policy that the pet must be returned to us if you become unable to keep it at any time during his/her life.